Assume you walk into a bar and notice an attractive woman there, But how is she supposed to notice you in the crowd if you look exactly like everyone else?
You must understand how to increase your attractiveness to stand out and catch her attention immediately.
You must understand the sometimes subtle characteristics women find attractive in men.
Of course, not every woman is drawn to everything a man can do to stand out. This is why I’ve used scientific studies to provide you with evidence-based advice – these tips genuinely work.
The bold is the first characteristic that women find attractive…
Women find balding and shaved heads to be attractive.
It’s no secret that a man’s confidence is influenced by the fine details of his style and appearance.
These nuances are also important to women when determining a man’s attractiveness. Grooming is required. It demonstrates finesse, discipline, and attention to detail.
However, men can choose from a variety of grooming styles. Many ladies prefer non-traditional grooming. Women find the following hair-related characteristics attractive:
Beards in full swing
In 2014, 1,500 women polled by the University of New South Wales found beards more appealing in areas where most men are clean-shaven. Why do women adore beards?
One advantage of having a full beard is that it appears healthier and younger. The hair shields your face from harmful ultraviolet rays, weather, and other irritants.
What other advantages does a beard provide?
- Health – The study discovered that guys with a full beard are perceived to be healthier than those with no facial hair at all.
- Parenting abilities – The myth was that men with facial hair were better parents. Consider this: what lady doesn’t want her dating guy to be a good father?
- Masculinity – The more significant your facial hair, the more masculine you are perceived to be. Participants associated these men with power and authority.
Consider the study’s implications. If you live in a city in North America or Europe where most men are clean-shaven, your beard will set you apart. If you live in a country where beards are more common, such as India or rural America, you should do the opposite and shave. If you want to stand out, you should do the opposite of what the men around you are doing.
Great hair has long been touted as one of the most critical factors women consider when assessing a man’s attractiveness. There are always exceptions, and being bald is one of them. To be clear, I’m not referring to men who are balding or whose hair is thinning. I’m referring to the gentlemen who deliberately use razors or clippers to remove their hair.
Men with the ‘Mr. A clean look is frequently said to:
- Look sharp – bald men don’t get bedhead or sweaty hair all over their heads after a hard workout. They don’t have to worry about stray hairs poking throughout the day.
- Be more manly – Hollywood has played a role in shaping this opinion. Consider Bruce Willis, Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, and others. In movies, many tough, macho protagonists who save the day are clean-shaven. What else can I say? Women adore heroes.
- Emphasize other features – by focusing less on your hair; more attention will be drawn to other parts of your face or body. If you have a beautiful smile, you may appear even more attractive without hair on your head.
- Be more self-assured – Parting your hair takes a lot of guts. Women notice and appreciate your outspoken personality.
For many men, losing their hair is a terrifying experience. So much so that many men ignore their thinning hair when they shouldn’t.
Women Enjoy a Good Story Teller
Knowing how to tell a good story can be a desirable quality. Researchers at the University of North Carolina and the State University of New York discovered that storytelling is desirable in men because it conveys high status.
According to one of the study’s authors, “storytelling ability reflects a man’s ability to gain resources. Good storytellers may have a greater chance of influencing others or gaining positions of authority in society.”
To tell an enthralling story, you must be:
- Capable of displaying a great sense of humour to keep people interested
- Understand social cues and body language to know how to manipulate your audience.
- You must be brave enough to discuss personal experiences with strangers.
- It feels good to be in the spotlight.
A great story also elicits a physiological response. When someone tells a fascinating story with an emotional trigger (conflict, tension, resolution), a rush of chemicals is released:
- Cortisol is the stress hormone that causes you to pay attention.
- Oxytocin makes you feel sympathy for the characters.
- Dopamine makes you feel good when the story ends happily.
These chemicals entice the audience and connect them to the speaker. From a romantic standpoint, these reactions can be the foundation for attraction.
Women Find Popular Men appealing.
Isn’t that amusing? However, according to a 2013 study published in Psychological Science, people are rated as more attractive when they are part of a group. When a woman looks at a group of men, her brain tends to ‘average out’ their facial features. This makes all of their faces appear more ordinary than they would otherwise.
It may not appear to be a compliment to describe someone as average-looking. “Average faces are more attractive, likely due to the averaging out of unattractive idiosyncrasies,” Drew Walker of the University of California explains. Being in a group conceals characteristics that women do not find attractive.
Another school of thought holds that women look for each guy in a clique’s assumed roles. In general, someone will emerge as the leader, another as the most charming group member, and so on. A woman can identify her favourite personality trait by observing the group dynamics; it could be charm, intelligence, or humour; everyone is different.
Men’s Fashion Texture is one of the characteristics that women find attractive.
People’s emotions and associations can be triggered by wearing textured clothing. Consider how relaxing touching a soft throw blanket is. What about when you touch satin? It can evoke sensual feelings.
Textured clothing is no exception. Women will assign various overtones to a guy based on the type and texture of the fabric he is wearing.
- Manliness is associated with leather. It’s challenging and rugged, conjuring up images of a man who has worked hard all day in the sun.
- Denim is rugged, but once broken in, it becomes incredibly comfortable. Ladies may believe that a man wearing it is tough on the outside but gentle and kind inside.
- Cashmere knit textures entice women to touch your sweater.
Women Date Men Who Have Gray Hair
In a 2010 study, the University of Abertay discovered that women of all ages and income levels prefer older men. In short, grey hair attracts women.
It may be a subset of the population, but they claim to enjoy it.
It’s important to remember that not everyone will be attracted to you, and you’ll never be able to please everyone. It’s better to be on the extreme side and have someone crazy for it than to choose the middle ground and not win anyone over.
This is thanks to legends like Sir Sean Connery and George Clooney. Grey hair conveys distinction and refinement. A man with grey hair is often considered wise and a bit of a silver fox.
If you’re a younger gentleman with grey hair, embrace it and wear it as a badge of honour. Confidence has the power to attract women. The contrast of your young face and greying hair is an edgy style element that will work well. It becomes a topic of discussion!
But hold on; there’s more! Here are some other associations with gentlemen that have salt and pepper flavour:
- Beneficial life experiences
- Makes a woman feel safe
- Thoughtful, wise, and well-read.
A healthy combination of the characteristics that women find attractive will be most effective for men. Attract a woman’s attention with your distinctive facial hair, keep her attention with an incredible story, and win her over with the confidence you wear your greys. Gentlemen, don’t be afraid to stand out from the crowd!